What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photoshop Plu-in?

Richie D

Hi Everyone!
I wondered if anyone could help me with a Photoshop Plug-in.
I came across an article about one called Wilfex Easy Art, the part I'm interested
in is where you can turn photos into line drawings.
This bit of software is for colour separation and artwork creation. (Costs $299)
The artwork creation bit is fine but I don't need to do colour
separations. Is there any other plug-in out there that would do a
similar job?

Thanks in anticipation!
Richie Dee

Erik

Guru
A lot can be done in Photoshop without plugin, and I must say I consider this a very good challenge for our campfire.
I am not really a plugin man (I do have some, but forget to use them), but I will look around for you.

If you use plugins, then you do have a basic PS knowledge. Ever tried to load the channels as separate images, seeing that they're on layers, applying levels to these and some posterisation and then filters like trace contour, glowing edges (and invert?)
Just an idea that crosses my mind...

AppleCider

Power User
Richie, you might want to save yourself some $$ if this is all you want from that plugin. Mark has a tutorial here that tells you how to do just that: turn a photo into a drawing.

wbiss

Guru
Welcome aboard Richie D!:) Take some of the advice already offered up here... Gaussian has given you some great threads that deal with what you are looking to achieve.Not difficult and a whole heck of a lot cheaper than springing for a plug-in! Not to mention, the satisfaction that comes from having done it yourself! ;) Enjoy your stay.... learn, play & have fun with PS! :)

Richie D

Hi Everyone!
And thank you all so much for your help.
I'll be trying all your suggestions and will let
you know how I go on.
I feel I've just saved myself $299!!!
If only I had visited this forum years ago - you're
all doing a great job, keep it up.
Yours evergratefully,
Richie D
(I don't know how I came to get the title Junior
Apprentice!?) I'm a freelance cartoonist and have been
for 20 years - but on the last few as a digital one!

Thanks again.

G

Trust me, people are not respected on this board for their title Richie ;) :)

sfm

Guru
trust me Richie as your posts grow so does your title :D
welcome aboard!
sfm

sPECtre

Guru
Welcome to the board!!!!

Indeed there are a lot of techniques to perform every task in Photoshop!