What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photoshop unable to save animate GIFs

Sun

Please help my Photoshop is unable to save animations beyond 2 seconds or rather 60 frames. It successfully saves GIFs below 2 seconds but anything above that and it gives an error.

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Please mention the version you're using.
Also does the animation (+ 2 seconds) plays in PS?
How do you save the gif?
It should be 'File - export - Save for the web (legacy)' and choose 'gif' as extention.

Sun

It's Adobe PS CC. And mine is File - Save for Web then the gif extension. There's no 'Save for Web' option under 'Export' . And yes it plays beyond 2 secs in PS

Sun

Yes i get something similar .... Only the background is white not black. So it successfully save gifs up to 60 frames but beyond that results in an error

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Have you tried to reduce the size and resolution of the images?

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
There's no 'Save for Web' option under 'Export' .
Which version of Ps CC do you have? Please post a screen shot. I say this because as far back a CC 2014/15, Ps CC has had "Save for Web (legacy)" under "export". This was not present in earlier versions.