What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photoshop Video Tutorials Needed - Experts AND Native English Speakers Only

letswinwin

Hi there,

I'm looking to hire one or more Photoshop experts to create Photoshop video tutorials on an on-going basis, using Camtasia Studio (which will be provided).

1. Topics are flexible but the tutorials must be technique-rich (quite advanced and not just newbie stuff).

2. You MUST be a Photoshop expert AND should be a good speaker too, as you'd be explaining techniques and concepts live on screen. (A simple test will be given, namely to record a 5-minute clip on a given Photoshop topic.)

Knowing CS5 is a plus.

3. I will own the copyright (i.e. you cannot use the video tutorials for other purposes without written consent).

4. Depending on the quality, each hour of video will be paid at least $100. No risk (escrow payment).

5. I have more details on this task. If you're interested, please PM me. This job is open long-term.

Thank you,
Owen

English is not his Native language but the member "JgraphNet" speakes it clearly he may be interested, he makes very good tuts(I suggest PMing him)

The rates seems very low for a total loss of copyright.

Thank you very much for being suggested, iDad !
I really do appreciate it.

But - the complete loss of copyright is an issue for me, as sPECtre points out, and even if $100 at minimum seems like a fair deal, there's quite the body of work going into producing 1 hour of video. Producing an 8-10 min tutorial can take up to a full day to complete, depending on the complexity of the subject.
A chapter for an Online Class containing around 2 hours of videos - in my own language - takes about a week to do from script draft to finish. Research and background work not counted. Just to give you and anyone interested in doing this kind of work a perspective on it.
I'm not saying someone else wouldn't be able to produce video tutorials faster, but it is timeconsuming. No doubt.

But as I'm not an impossible person, letswinwin may very well PM me with details, if he so whish.
I will not hunt him down for this deal myself, though, since I'm quite happy with things as is and what I'm doing right now. Leaves me the time to keep tutorials coming at Photoshop Gurus (there's more up the road) and eventually, start doing more educational oriented things in English - in due time and under my own brand.

Thank you all for replying!

I must clarify that this "total loss of copyright" does not mean I'm not open to letting the creator use the material. I mentioned "written consent" only means I want to have control over it, otherwise I'd be paying someone to let him/her potentially compete with me, right?

>otherwise I'd be paying someone to let him/her potentially compete with me, right?

Thank you, letswinwin, for clarifying.
Yes, I see the point, and unfortunatly there could be a conflict of interest too if I got involved. I'll explain in my reply to your PM.

Back