What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photoshop Webdesign. The first project!

Prophecy

Many webmasters use many different tools for webdesign. However some people find that using photoshop for webdesign is some difficult or time consuming.

So lets break this bad boy in!

Lets work on making a border around the header or any image really. But lets make it interesting by giving design to the border. No simple retangles please but put some kind of design to your border or something else special like a gradient border?

Please be detailed in how you did this so others can practice. I know I need the practice and I am eager to see what most of you expirenced guru's are coming up with!

Thanks

Prophecy

The Gurch

ok now reading the start to your thread i was at first unsure about what it is you have set out to ask us.Are you after a techniqe to create a nice looking border for your self for say a photo gallery for your website?

After reading the thread i went away to PS and started creating a nice looking and easy to create borders, and you can view 2 examples of them at the link i have provided....is this what you are on about?
and if so and you want to know how to make these borders and want a tut on it then let me know and i will make a tut for you and others to use,if its not what you are after however then could you please be more specific or give some sort of example so i can help you all out further :perfect: :)

cheers

GURCHY WURCHY

http://www.geocities.com/gurchude/borders.html

Prophecy

Very cool.

Yah any borders man. For headers, sigs, images you know whatever. Most people have a border around their header and this to give others ideas and so forth.

Good job.

Prophecy

A

Anonymous

:perfect: cool! so you want the tut then right??

However some people find that using photoshop for webdesign is somedifficult or time consuming.

yeah photoshop can be time consuming but i think others will agree that this is part of the fun with Photoshop,especially if your new to it.It does take numerous hours of each day at times to get a real grip of its full potential,ive been using it for 4 years and im still learning stuff! :D

the techiques i used for these borders where fairly simple and can be learnt on no time its just a case of selections that have been "contracted"
SELECT>MODIFY>CONTRACT about 5 or 6 pixels and a gradient fill with some basic layer styles using the bevel and emboss settings.

i will create a tut for these ok so you can learn from them cuz im getting the impression your are new to it and are wandering how some thigs are achieved using Photoshops VAST capabilities.

Stay tuned everyone a tuts on the way! will be posted here soon

and Good luck prophecy in what ever your doing

Note: there are stacks of photoshop Tutorials out there but a search in google Photoshop+Tutorials and you will find pages and pages of them. :perfect: :perfect: :) The_Gurch

Erik

Guru
Hey, mr Gurch, nice borders, but not only did I get this boring Geocities popup, I also got this dos like window on a mailwasher pro...
Let's start another thread on how to avoid getting caught in them popups. Like Alistair wrote: I don't understand this kind of publicity because it irritates me in such a degree that I'd rather die than buy from them.

The Gurch

[confused] [confused] well sorry about the pop up dude,but i did post somehtying b4 and i apoligized in advance for the annoyin popup i just didnt think i needed to do it again.

unfortunatly these pop ups are the catch to having free web space (geocities) i am working on a web site at the moment for myself and i will pay for the hosting but until then i have and use the free webspace to show examples and such.
As for the Dos window thing that isnt anything to do with geocities [confused]

but be warned the tut im gunna post sometime 2 moro will be @ geocities again lol :D so its up to you if you wanna view it Erik

and if you wanna have a thread about these pop ups and such feel free to start one ! :perfect: :)

EDIT: rather die? surely not lol :D

sfm

Guru
However some people find that using photoshop for webdesign is somedifficult or time consuming.

Perhaps some do Prophecy......... but I always do my layouts in Photoshop ...... then I jump to IR for all of the button lay overs etc if I am having them

aside from the spelling mistake (thanks Wendy for telling me he he he) I threw one together yesterday...... www.franklanza.com and my own site www.sitedezigns.com are just 2 examples ....... but if it is boarders only that you want then the scales on the franklanza site......... well that is what it started out to be and the idea was but turned into what it is now...... this was all done with layer styles and that is it, would you like me to tell you what the layer styles were and set at? is this what your after?
sfm

Prophecy

Hey guys...

Can we get some more tutorials? I personally could care less if they are hosted at Geocities because its free-web space.

Anyways I appreciate the tutorials hes going to make.

Anybody else going to throw one up?

Prophecy

The Gurch

ok heres the tut! :perfect: :) Enjoy!

if that geocities window is bothering you when you visit this page just simply click th up arrow at the top of the window and it will change to a cross and you can close it and it wont be there anymore as this tutorial is only on one page :perfect: it wont pop up until you visit the page again.

any bugs or spellin bo boos please lemme know ok this is the first tutorial i have ever written and i have to say it was good fun :D

PEACE !

GURCH

http://www.geocities.com/gurchude/bordertutorial.html

The Gurch

:perfect: no problem prophecy..remeber to experiment with what i have shown in this tut and dont forget to show your results man im looking forward to seeing them. :perfect: :)