What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PhotoshopGurus Server Upgrade

admin

Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
We have just completed our move to a brand new more powerful server. The sire was down for a little over an hour while the move was being performed. I didn't have any advance notice of when it was going to be done, so sorry there was no warning.

You should see a noticeable improvement in performance on the forum, hopefully this will take care of the lag some people were experiencing.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

mmm getting some lag even worse than before but I am just going to put it down to transition between 2 systems
did you settle on the dual xeon system in the end if so then yeah there shouldnt be any lag

No lag but i can't change my avatar now, saying file can't be saved?

now i can't even upload my own images?

Yea we are still working out some settings on the new server, that's the reason for any lag or image upload issues. Yes Hoogle, the site is running on a dual Xeon server now :)

It might take 24 hours or so before the site is running smoothly, we have to get all the settings tuned in again. Please continue to report any bugs.

Thanks!

I can confirm the avatar but it is a case of uploading any image even in posts in fact whenever I try uploading an image in a post it times out and redirects me to youtube for some reason without me clicking anything

I just got this -

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: open(/tmp/sess_67b1d0adb2fe6e81f4d9e371c887c74f, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in [path]/includes/facebook/facebook.php on line 37

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at [path]/includes/class_core.php:5570) in [path]/includes/facebook/facebook.php on line 37

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [path]/includes/class_core.php:5570) in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 4098

Warning: Unknown: open(/tmp/sess_67b1d0adb2fe6e81f4d9e371c887c74f, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/tmp) in Unknown on line 0

Paul, there are still glitches in the update .

Only admin has the full control to do changes or add more updates to what is already there. We mods test the functions and track down the defects . Only then do we report them to admin for his actions. All we can do is wait.

As admin pointed out , it may take a while to iron things out. Til then, just keep reporting what you experience. We may not come across them but you guys might.

We'll try and keep everyone updated with improvements and bug fixes.

Thanks for the bug reports.

There are some server settings we need to tweak to fix the image issue and also the facebook connect errors, we are working on them now and the site should be back to normal soon.

if you try going into edit profile by the way I have to try and turn invisible mode off in general settings the text is all overlapping and impossible to edit I dont know what I have changed but it isnt my invisibility mode.

Please bear with me, there are a lot of errors on the site currently. We are working on them and will have it sorted as soon as possible.

This is simply due to settings on the old server vs. the new server not being the same and it's causing a lot of things to break right now.

We'll get it sorted, just hang in there :)

Nice one, just don't like it down is all.

can you take a look at the upload image dialogue box on the dark theme it is black text on a dark grey background as your messing around with the scripting of the site please

Ok I think we have it fixed now.

Please report if you see any more unusual bugs or error messages.

Hoogle the black text on dark bg issue is in the theme, not a server issue. I will get to that in a bit.

cool seems fixed on first looks definately earnt your vacation this week

Haha thanks :) It's been a crazy week here. After all this the site should be running much smoother, so it's worth it.

I deleted some off-topic comments in this thread. Let's try to keep it clean guys.

I missed all the fun...... Hehehe seems fine here

Back