What's new

Photoshopped or not?

Adam Guard

It's possible any image is Photoshopped nowadays, but...

This actually looks like a type of carp, I've seen some similar images online.
I used to lived by a lake and during the summer the carp would come to the surface to feed. They really do get this big (maybe bigger)!
I just don't know why anyone would catch one. Carp are scavenger fish which I think doesn't sound good for eating...:confused:

As far as this image, the angle of the lens appears to give a different perspective---forcing the idea of size.

Adam Guard

Did a little more research on this and found some more images around this one.
I don't know where you found this image but it seems to be from some blog post in Europe.
fish search.jpgfish search 2.jpgfish search 3.jpg

I don't want to look like a fool and say the image you got is absolutely not Photoshopped, but with these similar photos it does look legit.
wpid-img_3981.jpg

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member
"I don't want to look like a fool and say the image you got is absolutely not Photoshopped, but with these similar photos it does look legit."

Awww go ahead..I do it all the time
:banghead:

Adam Guard

So I have to admit my posted image is not photoshopped.
Yep. Guessed as much.

It does seem a shame that in these days we're unsure of the validity of a certain images. Technology (e.g. Photoshop) advances at such a rapid rate; in a perfect world we would know if we are being deceived.

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member
Yep. Guessed as much.

It does seem a shame that in these days we're unsure of the validity of a certain images. Technology (e.g. Photoshop) advances at such a rapid rate; in a perfect world we would know if we are being deceived.
Good job Adam! Now help out with your knowledge in some of these other posts. Show us your stuff!