What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pin Up

iDad

Guru
well done there Carrie56 things like that are so subjective. So many ways to make it look. What counts here is you gave it a shot and a worth while one at that! congrats!

Carrie56

Power User
I think mine is a little too grainy so I could play around with that but I want to find a better model maybe a larger image then this one and try it again sometime when I get another chance, when I do I will post it here.

JgraphNet

Power User
Hi Carrie56 !
I would agree on the "a little too grainy" bit but I can't find anything wrong with the model. She's perfect for a 1950's PinUp. Corey's method (the video tut) is going for a more painted effect and nothing wrong with that. Here's a place where you most probably can pick up some tips and tricks for making images look "old" if that's what you're after - Retouch PRO.
Larger images are indeed more comfortable to work with when it comes to retouching, cutouts, fine tuning etc but there seems to be a sweet spot with some of the PhS filters. Larger images need more of the effect and it may give unexpected results from time to time. So it's all about experimenting and finding ways.
Anyways - you did good imo.

Carrie56

Power User
Actually I like pin ups I have a collection of them so to achieve the effect is pretty cool in any case I tweaked the one I was working on a bit and I think it looks a little better in this version:

F7pinup2.png

The original model and a link for the tutorial is up there so if anyone would like to try this one out would be curious to see results from others.

Last edited:

JgraphNet

Power User
Yeah, that's more like the kind of image you would get with an "average" 1950's analog color film and retouching techniques as it was then. Like it !

Sonic75

Looks great! I would try bluring the edge of her body a little bit so its not a sharp line, I have a feeling that will give it a little different feel to it.