What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific Please could you make a grainy photo somewhat clearer?

Nikki Millard

I’m hoping this is allowed. If not please remove. My Aunt and Uncle were victims last month of theft and a lot of stock stolen from their shop. With not much luck in finding these two people. We have got a photo from their shops cctv. They have got permission to put there own ads up with hope that someone will recognise them. However the photo quality is poor. So is it possible to make the photo somewhat clearer?
Any help appreciated.
Thank you.
Nikki

Ps, if anyone recognises the pair. Please let me know 🤞

5AD30F39-76C7-4C44-8F33-4D9C51417CC4.jpeg

polarwoc

Guru
Terribly sorry to hear the news of your loss. It would be utterly difficult to reconstruct faces from the pixel information available in the pic.
The pic looks like a photo of screen playing video. Maybe if you take a pic from the CCTV software itself, it might result in a better pic where facial features are more visible?

Nikki Millard

Terribly sorry to hear the news of your loss. It would be utterly difficult to reconstruct faces from the pixel information available in the pic.
The pic looks like a photo of screen playing video. Maybe if you take a pic from the CCTV software itself, it might result in a better pic where facial features are more visible?

Thank you for the advice. Yes we took the photo from the screen. Their cctv is a little dated. Im currently staying in essex so when I go to the shop tomorrow I’ll see if I can get a better quality photo.

Eggy

Retired Moderator
I’m hoping this is allowed. If not please remove. My Aunt and Uncle were victims last month of theft and a lot of stock stolen from their shop. With not much luck in finding these two people. We have got a photo from their shops cctv. They have got permission to put there own ads up with hope that someone will recognise them. However the photo quality is poor. So is it possible to make the photo somewhat clearer?
Any help appreciated.
Thank you.
Nikki

Ps, if anyone recognises the pair. Please let me know 🤞

View attachment 90450
This is a photo from a low resolution monitor...
There no garantee but playing that part of the movie with appropriate video software will result in removing the pixel striping.
Then maybe a better still image to work with will be available.