please help me convince my landlord -> Rooftop edit :-)

Hey guys,

i just moved into my new apparent and there is a sunny rooftop, its just perfect. The Landlord never finished the work they already installed a door and a ladder..none of the previous tenants cared:) So it has never been used, i spend a few hours there, in constant fear to drop 12 meters.

So I am trying to convince him and the "arrogant" neighbors to give me the permission to put a railing around it and a simple wood floor.

Could you guys give it a try? It shouldn't be TO fancy because it needs to be a realistic as possible = cheap to build.. (He needs to pay it..)

german rules say that the railing has to be 120cm high. I attached 2 high resolution pics and a drawing pdf for you to understand the situation :)
drawing just for the location ignore the railing there :)

i would be very thankful, i tried to do this with paint .. lol hopeless.

if you are around hamburg city, ofc you are invited for a barbecue.. :beerchug:

Greetings
Jan

Attachments

Last edited:

GreenManiac

Hello jeanG
Hope you like it.
Rooftop1_01.jpg
Rooftop2_01.jpg
I had some difficulty with the perspective in the second image, but added it anyways.
Hope it is good enough to persuade your Landlord.

Steve,
Iam Sam,
Green Maniac,

thank you very much! i really like the floor steve choosed it kinda looks pretty natural. Thanks for the perspektive correction Sam.

Green Maniac, this is crazy :) Could you do a few little tweaks? :)
Would it be possible to add the floor from Steve? or something like that?
Could you replace the black railing with a silver stainless steal one? This is like 99% used in germany, do you guys have black ones? :)
Do you think its 1,20m? The sides are 3,50m in total. It somehow looks a bit tall? :)
i also loved that you did both pics! also the person makes sense!

you guys are such a great help!

this is already very nice don't get me wrong! I just want to create a stunning wow effect, so the other damn neighbors are like wtf, i need that to. There are 8 of this rooftops and german law you maybe heard about it.. every neighbors of this building has to accept my damn railing otherwise i can't make changes on the building.. like putting in 20 screws -_- :D

Last edited:

GreenManiac

Steve,
Iam Sam,
Green Maniac,

thank you very much! i really like the floor steve choosed it kinda looks pretty natural. Thanks for the perspektive correction Sam.

Could you replace the black railing with a silver stainless steal one? This is like 99% used in germany, do you guys have black ones? :)
Do you think its 1,20m? The sides are 3,50m in total. It somehow looks a bit tall? :)

Hi jeanG
I seem to have difficulty uploading the newer stuff.
Will try again later today.
Sorry for making you wait.

Oke, this is my second attempt on the roof :) Think it's better then the first
very thankful for your work guys, i mean its pretty unusual to get help for free these days

so my situation just went complicated. In order to get the permission i have to do a presentation in front of 28 landlords - lol.
They expect that the rooftop is making the whole building ugly - it isn't that pretty to be honest, god..

So i have to use the same kind of railing they used for their stuff. I have to "make an offer they can't refuse" quote:the godfather.
i did a walk and made some pics.

attached a pic of balconys next to my rooftop and some closer pics of those railings...

Could you try to implement this kind of railing into the pics... i know this is pretty much to ask for, but those are germans u know haha:banghead:
style_of_the_building.jpg
railing_front.jpg
railing_angle.jpg

u guys might laugh but i just attached a picture that shows you the exact scale of the railing. The measuring tool is 110cm tall, which is required :D
but please use the original pics, with this one aim just trying to support :D
high_guide_110cm.jpg

Last edited:

GreenManiac

Steve,
Iam Sam,
Green Maniac,

Mod edit: removed link

Let me know of any other changes you want.

To answer your questions:
Yes
Yes
Yes and yes, we here in Namibia tend to paint our railings black, but is not necessarily the norm. :)
Yes, according to the measurements you provided. I made Steve slightly taller now to make railings look smaller. He is now 1,79m tall.

ah.. been to nam last year. good friend of mine is living in windhoek, family name rix :)

- cool man thanks for that. Can you adjust the color of the railing? more like the railing below? :)
- could you try to make the overall look a bit more sunny? ;)
- can i have on version with guy steve and one without ? :)

- would it be possile for you to add the railing to the 2 other pics, as well? you can see the below railing there too, its exactly this tall.
just to show the neighbors what i would look like from the street.. it is important to make it look as much inconspicious as possible :D

i owe you somthing man

silver_railing.JPG

parking.JPG street.JPG

Last edited:

GreenManiac

ah.. been to nam last year. good friend of mine is living in windhoek, family name rix :)

- cool man thanks for that. Can you adjust the color of the railing? more like the railing below? :)
- could you try to make the overall look a bit more sunny? ;)
- can i have on version with guy steve and one without ? :)

- would it be possile for you to add the railing to the 2 other pics, as well? you can see the below railing there too, its exactly this tall.
just to show the neighbors what i would look like from the street.. it is important to make it look as much inconspicious as possible :D

i owe you somthing man
Hi jeanG

Mod Edit: removed link

Rooftop1_03.jpg

Rooftop1_11.jpg

Rooftop2_02.jpg

Rooftop2_11.jpg

Street1_01.jpg

Parking1_01.jpg

-Yes. Hope it is to your liking.
- I only made the model more sunny, not the images you provided. Unfortunately I do not have the time for that at present. Maybe someone else can take it from here?
-Steve feels sad that you don't want him in your pics.
-Yes. Unfortunately it might not be as accurate as you would like. As mentioned above, little time. Could only do a quick job.

Now lets talk about what you owe me. Because I do not see myself in Germany in the near future, as payment you have to begin all messages/posts in PhotoshopGurus website with "All hail GreenManiac!" regardless whether it is related to this post or not.

All hail GreenManiac!,

with that beeing said, thank you very much!!!!! i let you know and might be able to show you a picture with the real life version! THANKS MAN

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
jeang said:

i owe you somthing man
Per our rules............

We may (at our discretion) remove or lock requests that involve:
- Asking for unreasonable/numerous revisions, edits or additional requests to a work in progress.

This free request is approaching the "excessive" category. Remember, the free edit forum is a courtesy and not a service. I realize the circumstances your in and that your trying to make a point with your landlord, but please, no more additional requests beyond this last one. Thanks.