What's new

Please Help style save issues

jamiewalsh

I'm trying to save my layer edits for example I have a landscape picture which I have edited such as the brightness the curves and many other adjustments they are all separate layers but I'm trying to figure out if they is a way I can save these adjustments as a form of filter so I can add the exact same effect to my other landscape photos ?

I've looked high and low on the web and canny find a result :(

jamiewalsh

hey guys sorry for the late response! I'm gunna check that "for dummies" thing now.

to try explain it in a better way, so say I edit a photo to give it a cinema effect like change the contrast and the situation and even the curves or even if a free paint a circle or something is they a way I can save the layers so I can apply them to a different photo? like if I spend hours editing a photo and want to apply the same effect to another photo I don't wanna have to run the process of adding all the same adjustments again ? I just wanna save the edit minus the original photo, aha I'm finding it hard to explain :(

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
hey guys sorry for the late response! I'm gunna check that "for dummies" thing now.

to try explain it in a better way, so say I edit a photo to give it a cinema effect like change the contrast and the situation and even the curves or even if a free paint a circle or something is they a way I can save the layers so I can apply them to a different photo? like if I spend hours editing a photo and want to apply the same effect to another photo I don't wanna have to run the process of adding all the same adjustments again ? I just wanna save the edit minus the original photo, aha I'm finding it hard to explain :(
I think Eggy is right, what your looking for is an action. An action allows you to create a set of procedures in order to achieve a specific look without having to manually apply it to each new image. They can be reused over and over to edit an image in a particular way. An action is created by manually performing and recording a series of steps and operations that you perform with any adjustment layers or tools and then saving them in an ATN file.