What's new

Please help with a badly damaged photo of myself from 70's

1966mdk

Hello there :) this picture of me as a child was recently found in my parents loft in an old rover biscuit tin and looks rather sorry for itself,could anyone please fix this,it looks like a lot of hard work to be honest..
wish i had the skills myself to repair it but i'd probably just make it worse lmao
thankyou me-1976.jpgjust gotta love 70's clothing can't believe I wore them :D

1966mdk

omg thats fricken amazing excuse my french :D oh thankyou so much i didnt think anyone would tackle it being so very badly damaged and stained :D all i can say is wow i really appreciate it and thankyou again 10/10..... i'm blown away lol..

Last edited:

1966mdk

I still can't get over how damn good this looks,i had to re-reply just to say thankyou again,my parents are amazed :D ty for taking the time to fix it.

Rich54

Guru
For what it's worth, I love the original damaged photo. By pure luck, the "damage" to me has resulted in great colors and moody distortion. I would remove the dark blue-ish line across the upper lip and then leave everything else as is. You could probably sell this "painting" here in New York for $1,000 and people would write to this forum dying to know how to achieve this masterly effect.

fredfish

Guru
For what it's worth, I love the original damaged photo. By pure luck, the "damage" to me has resulted in great colors and moody distortion. I would remove the dark blue-ish line across the upper lip and then leave everything else as is. You could probably sell this "painting" here in New York for $1,000 and people would write to this forum dying to know how to achieve this masterly effect.

Beauty in the eye of the beholder and all that!!

FWIW I agree that the origional has certain evocative elements to it. But on the other hand I can understand the person for whom the memory rather than the art is more important (IE the OP) the conversion must have struck quite a few high notes - it was a great conversion IMHO.

Cheers

John

1966mdk

wow i suppose thats another way of looking at it :),the history of my life would probably blow your mind,and a child of that age should never have gone through what i did,but i'm still here to tell the tale :) and stronger for it too...
thankyou for your reply appreciate it :D i do get what ur saying rich54 its an unusual look lol,would love to have the hair a lot more blonde in the new picture cos thats how it was,but i cannot detract from the totally amazing job zerocool has done,im so grateful to him :D

ZeroCool22

Banned
wow i suppose thats another way of looking at it :),the history of my life would probably blow your mind,and a child of that age should never have gone through what i did,but i'm still here to tell the tale :) and stronger for it too...
thankyou for your reply appreciate it :D i do get what ur saying rich54 its an unusual look lol,would love to have the hair a lot more blonde in the new picture cos thats how it was,but i cannot detract from the totally amazing job zerocool has done,im so grateful to him :D
Lucky for you, i made a backup of a copy with original colors:
me restaurada4.jpg
So you have a 2nd alternative.

1966mdk

Thankyou very much looks much better blonde highlights lookin stronger,wish it was still that colour :p

Last edited: