What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please photoshop my cats head onto a white background

jarrenmang

49703580634__2A554EA5-3631-458B-B31A-F9F0B2E209A1.JPG

Could someone please photoshop my cats head onto a white background. Want to get this printed on canvas as a present for my girlfriend. Would be much appreciated! Thanks!

Someone will do it, but unless they take an inordinate amount of time and care you are going
to lose the whiskers. That's cruel to the cat.

You have a camera, since you've posted the photo, so use it to take a photo of your cat in
front of a solid background with the background several feet behind the cat. Tack a solid colored pillowcase
or bathtowel to the wall and use it as a background. A yard or two of green material from a fabric store is
better and cheap. In Photoshop, the green can be changed to any color or a gradient can be added.

It's difficult to pose a cat, but they can be distracted by a dangling string or something and pose without
knowing they are posing.

If you want to please your girlfriend, take the time to take the right photo. Solve the problem before
you have it rather than after.

...but unless they take an inordinate amount of time and care you are going
to lose the whiskers.

I was initially thinking of re-drawing the whiskers back in, as well as the little white hairs sticking up from the ears, but quickly realized that no matter how good a job I did they would be invisible against a white background on an image that is intended to be re-printed on canvas, so I didn't bother with them. If it were any other background than white that was requested, then you're right... the whiskers and little white hairs add to the charm.

I was initially thinking of re-drawing the whiskers back in, as well as the little white hairs sticking up from the ears, but quickly realized that no matter how good a job I did they would be invisible against a white background on an image that is intended to be re-printed on canvas, so I didn't bother with them. If it were any other background than white that was requested, then you're right... the whiskers and little white hairs add to the charm.

I understand that this group is about Photoshop, and not photography, but I see a lot of requests
for edits that wouldn't be needed if a little care was used in the first place. Or, where a second shot
would eliminate the problem. Being aware of the background is the biggest consideration.

What can't be changed is the old shot of a previous boyfriend or girlfriend that needs to be
Photoshopped out.

In this case, a solid color background could be used, and changed in PS to a light gray and a
selection inverted with a high feather setting would result in a nice t-shirt design.

If the person is here to see what can be done, that can be a teaching moment.

Back