What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Printing a logo (a CMYK issue I want to understand)

Mariamas4

Hello there :D

I am a new member here Annnd I have a question about a logo I am making
I used the CMYK mode in Photoshop and these are the results!!

The customer likes the 2nd one when she saw it
But unfortunately They are the SAME logo for me

How can I know which result will appear after printing how do u calculate/determine this?!
is there a way to know rather than actually printing!
cmyk vs RGB.jpg

Thank you So Much
I really appreciate your help :heart:

Hi Mariamas4

The good news, this is probably a color management issue and a well known issue.
The bad news is this is no small topic.

If you want the ability to see the correct colors on your screen and also be able to preview the colors that will be printed, you need a good foundation on this topic.

I suggest that you study the tutorials on this topic at this link: https://www.cambridgeincolour.com/color-management-printing.htm

That will give you a very good foundation in knowing what is necessary and also a good understanding why all the colors can be different in all the situations you describe.

Basically RGB and CMYK are different "Color Modes". Within each of these Color Modes they have a myriad of Color Spaces (color scales). The three most common scales for RGB are sRGB, Adobe RGB, and ProPhoto RGB. A parallel to this is temperature can be quoted in different temperatures scales e.g. Celsius and Fahrenheit. The same temperature number does not represent the same temperature that you feel. So it is with the different color spaces (scales). The same color numbers in your file would look quite different if not properly converted.

Each piece of equipment also has its own color scale from you monitor to your printer.

On top of that, you need Color Aware software such as Photoshop to be able to properly display the images and the Color Settings within Photoshop are also critical to be set up properly.

So your issue could lie in quite a number of places. I suggest you start with the tutorials and then ask questions from there (just a suggestion).

Hope this helps
John Wheeler

Wow this is what I am looking for :D
Understanding the basics

Thank you so much, I would never have reached this info or link using Google search

I appreciate your help thank you so much

Back