What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Printing Cards - Blue Green Black?? Help!

intlowner

Fellow Gurus,

I created some business cards in CMYK color, but the printer wants it in blue green and black. Any thoughts on how to change from CMYK to this format? Not RGB, but blue gree and black??

They siad to use a channel feature to keep it 3 color? THe blue is 669 and the green is 7489. I have no clue what this means, can anyone help out?

Many thanks in advance!

Dan

PS: maybe it is RGB but I just don't know it? Can anyone help? Many thanks in advance

intlowner said:
THe blue is 669 and the green is 7489. I have no clue what this means
intlowner, These numbers are hexidecimal code. In ps if you click on the foreground or background color boxes on the toolbar, a window like the second picture will pop up and it will show the location of your current color, and the hex code. Many people use color hex for webpages, such as forum color schemes ;) Click on channels on one of the palletes. If you dont see them, then... oops, i have ps 7 and don't see the option [confused] anyways i think its under window, and then click re-arange pallete locations. O i see it now, in ps 7 its under window>Workspace>reset pallete locations [stuned] Anyways, when all the palletes are there, click on channels, and hide (by clicking on the eye) the colors that you don't want, and leave the colors that you do want alone ;) The first pic is what it should look like. that should do it. :)

Anyone have any thoughts for converting CMYK -> Blue Green and Black?

Alistair? :)

Thousands of thanks in advance

Hey intlowner, if you haven't gotten it lookin good "yet", how bout we straighten out what part of the buisness cards you want black, blue, and green. First, mabee it would be useful if you could post whole pics of the buisness cards out for us, and then we can get further into what you want to do ;) Here's the exact colors they want you to use:

Back