What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problems with netscape

Alistair

Guru
Having probs with netscape? Well I am. Netscape and deviantwart.com are not being happy together :( It has been loading white.... no skin at all.... all it is is white and the bare bones of the site. On internet explrer it loasds fine... but i hate ie... it is slow as hell, it doesnt fade things in.. it waits toll something is fully loaded, and then it displays it. I HATE IE!!!! ARGH Does anyone have any idea? I want to keep netscape.. i wont get another type of browser. - Alistair

The site works just fine in NS7 Alistair.
What version you using?

Check your "Appearance" prefs to make sure nothing funky is going on.

theKeeper said:
The site works just fine in NS7 Alistair.
What version you using?
Check your "Appearance" prefs to make sure nothing funky is going on.

I went to appearance.. i clicked use system colour (under colors.)... that didnt do anything. So i unchecked that just now so its back like it was. Theres nothing here that could effect da. And mark... your not logged into a DA account useing the same scheme as i am..... could that be why you are getting it fine? :S I dont know... its only doing this for deviantart... no other site. - Alistair

Ok well if you're using a specific custom skin for the site, and it only happens on that site... then it's a problem of DeviantArt and you should get in touch with someone from there to let them know about the problem.

theKeeper said:
Ok well if you're using a specific custom skin for the site, and it only happens on that site... then it's a problem of DeviantArt and you should get in touch with someone from there to let them know about the problem.

I contacted jark, the main admin and the owner of DA before i made this thread. He said its my browser.. and that i needed to refresh.. but thats not the prob. I changed the skin from ver. 2 to minimal... and the minimal skin works fine... but i'd like the v2skin.... so the admin obviously must be wrong about forcing a refresh.

Ya NS7 is very complatible so far as standards go Alistair. I'm guessing it's the code, not the browser.

Guess you'll just have to use IE huh? 3[

Alistair, trust me it is the code not the browser. I code across the board and NS/Mozilla browsers will always let you know when the code is missing something unlike IE that will accept anything. I have seen pages load just like what you are showing. Somewhere in their code they have open tags and NS will not render with open tags.

The hard part is getting them to check the skin you are trying to use and find the tag issues. It could be something as simple as a misplaced css file such as they have the path wrong to the file or the file has been overwritten, etc. But either way it isn't NS.

lindaw said:
Alistair, trust me it is the code not the browser. I code across the board and NS/Mozilla browsers will always let you know when the code is missing something unlike IE that will accept anything. I have seen pages load just like what you are showing. Somewhere in their code they have open tags and NS will not render with open tags.

The hard part is getting them to check the skin you are trying to use and find the tag issues. It could be something as simple as a misplaced css file such as they have the path wrong to the file or the file has been overwritten, etc. But either way it isn't NS.

Well... the admin needs to just notice that, lol.

That right there Alistair should help convince you that the coding of the site is a tad "off". And needs to be checked into.

That's a typical "backend" error message.

Back