What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problems with new version of CC

echelonphoto

Hi All,

I just joined your forum and hope someone can help me. I am a full time professional photographer specializing in events and corporate work. I have had photoshop CC for about a year and a half and have loved it. Contrary to a lot of folks, I shoot jpeg plus raw, but do most of my finished work on the jpegs unless I need a particularly large file...the raws stay as backups, but I find with my Canons and good exposure, my jpegs are an excellent starting point. I general shoot only med jpeg + med raw unless I will need a larger file. So my
editing procedure is to open usually 50 med jpegs at a time in PS (28 mb files) I have a fairly updated computer with an i7 chip and 16 gb of ram, my primary HD is a solid state 256 GB one and I have several terabytes of storage on other standard drives.

Anyhow...before the latest update (june 2016), I had no trouble with speed of processing 50 files at a time...but now when I open a batch...PS stalls quite dramatically, at least until I process the first few files (can't even access my actions bar at all for a few seconds)...then as I go thru the files and save them...its starts to act normally. I do have 75% of ram assigned to PS and I have cache levels set to 4...20 history states, cache tile size 128K

Anything else I can do to enhance processing speed?

Back