What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PS CS5 and GIF animations..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Windows7

Power User
Hi,

A few days ago i had to make a document which i normally made with "Word(Microsoft Office",but since i use PS for a while i thought to make it now with photoshop but.. i use a lot of logos and now i saw most of them were GIF logos.. .

What took my attention was that PS was not that comfortable with GIF's to work with and Word did.. so i made it just with Word!

Can someone give me a reason how this is possible?

PS is for working with image but not with animation never did. You can make separate images for moving GIF and then merge them into one animated GIF by ImageReady.

PS is for working with image but not with animation never did. You can make separate images for moving GIF and then merge them into one animated GIF by ImageReady.

That's not really accurate.
The last version of PS to have ImageReady was CS2.
In CS3, CS4, CS5 you go to the Window pull down and click on Animation.

This GIF Earth-and-flagsm.gif was done in CS5.

Here's the PSD.
Play with it see how it works.

Attachments

• Earth and flagsm.psd
    162.2 KB · Views: 9
Hey folks,

This is what i mean.. again i thought i was wrong when i had read your replys and tried again and yes.. i can't EVEN drag the gif logo to my project.. what took my attention too is that instead of layer or background there writes "index" on the gif logo.But it isn't an animated gif or something!

Here's an image:

Gif.jpg

And in Word it is so easy.. it doesn't make any problem which kind of file it is.. .So i just made my document nice and easy with Word and here is the result what i mean:

FFN 1 (2).jpg

I used a "Champions League" image as background.. .You see?The same logos and here not any problem?The only thing that bothered me was the white stroke around the logos which i prefer it is better without so only the logo but i couldn't solve it.

CoolSteve .......Love that!

I don't understand a problem. Maybe because i use CS3. There isn't any problem (only some times transparency are not quite "good").
GIF always show INDEX because it's his color mode. Just select all image (CTRL+A) and copy/paste it in project.
Here quick made logo:

and here is copy pasted with one random logo from net:
logo.jpg

Attachments

• logo1.gif
    logo1.gif
    813 bytes · Views: 28
Guys.. stay ontopic please.. :frown::frown::frown:

Yeah I don't understand either.

What's the topic?
What's the question?

You said ".......PS was not that comfortable with GIF's to work with and Word did ....." , what does that mean?

Are you saying you are not able to do something in PS that you can do in Word?
If so what is it?

"Not that comfortable" isn't an explanation of the problem.

Are you trying to open an animated GIF in PS?

As to your animated gif problem......you can open an animated gif in PCS but no way will it animate when dragged into your project image. (If that is the problem you want solved )

This is your problem...... A logo image saved as a gif is in the index color mode. Look at your screeshot, the gif's layer says INDEX) There is no way you can drag it into your RGB mode work image unless you convert the logo to RGB... only then can you drag it to your work project without the white background. Only problem is (depending on how big the logo is compared to your work project and the logo's designmost especially if got transparent background ) , your logo may have something like a white glow......

SeniorS is right about the copy / paste.... by copying it, PS automatically converts it to RGB.

Last edited:
idadbuttonglobe.gif
JUST did this in cs5

Hey folks.. ,listen.. no that is not an animated gif just an image saved as a gif but not animated.. and what you guys say about 'just copy/paste' it:that is what i already immediately tried but i just can't!?

My new project doesn't accept the gif! And YES.. in this case WORD do the job for me THAT PS DOESN'T!!!!I was in shock too.. but it is that way!The image i made is WITH WORD and not with PS!!!!

Word doesn't make any problem with gifs or something but i didn't tried animated gifs so i don't know. And don't say to me:"aha ok.. if Word does the job WHAT IS THE PROBLEM?" because i just don't understand WHY PS doesn't do it and i just can't copy the gif to my project?!

my .gif is not animated ? put your glasses on or get some

my .gif is not animated ? put your glasses on or get some

And how can you check if a gif is animated or not?Yeah i know.. i'm a newbie.. .

But that is a real great logo man.. but how do you do that with the earth keep turning?

can you see it now ;)

idadbutton_2.gif

you need layers, lots of them ;)

Hey folks.. ,listen.. no that is not an animated gif just an image saved as a gif but not animated.. and what you guys say about 'just copy/paste' it:that is what i already immediately tried but i just can't!?

My new project doesn't accept the gif! And YES.. in this case WORD do the job for me THAT PS DOESN'T!!!!I was in shock too.. but it is that way!The image i made is WITH WORD and not with PS!!!!

Word doesn't make any problem with gifs or something but i didn't tried animated gifs so i don't know. And don't say to me:"aha ok.. if Word does the job WHAT IS THE PROBLEM?" because i just don't understand WHY PS doesn't do it and i just can't copy the gif to my project?!

You need to get a person fluent in English and your language to read this thread.
Then you need to have him or her help you leave a detailed, understandable explanation of what you want to do and what problems you are having.

Maybe someone here can eventually figure out what you are asking but I for one don't have any idea what you're talking about or what your problem is.

Sorry

You need to get a person fluent in English and your language to read this thread.
Then you need to have him or her help you leave a detailed, understandable explanation of what you want to do and what problems you are having.

Maybe someone here can eventually figure out what you are asking but I for one don't have any idea what you're talking about or what your problem is.

Sorry

Friend.. very nice from you really!

Listen.. TILL NOW.. EVERYBODY understood my english and replied WITHOUT ANY PROBLEM so.. what do you talk about now?Really?!

If you didn't understood what MY PROBLEM IS IN THIS THREAD GO AND LEARN ENGLISH YOURSELF OK??????!!!!!!!

Listen,if you think that you CAN INSULT ME because you're a moderator YOU'RE WRONG!!!!!

Respect to GET RESPECT BACK!!!!!

DO YOU KNOW WHAT RESPECT IS?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back