What's new

PS for video/animation: how do I zoom to a precise point?

guermantes

Hello,
I am trying out PS for video for the first time and want to create a zoom effect from a photograph. I want to zoom in on teh eye of the cat, but all PS is offering me in the option is to click a point in teh 3x3 grid to select as a zoom to point. Can I not set my own point that I want to zoom to?

Untitled-2.jpg

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Of course you will have a limited zoom capability with Photoshop. The best way to do what your probably wanting is to create the zoom effect when the original video was being shot.

But here is a way for you to do a slight zoom effect in Photoshop. Take a look at this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kM5pIHS5j74

I suggest you watch the whole video, but she starts talking about video zoom at about 7:06.

guermantes

Of course you will have a limited zoom capability with Photoshop. The best way to do what your probably wanting is to create the zoom effect when the original video was being shot.

But here is a way for you to do a slight zoom effect in Photoshop. Take a look at this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kM5pIHS5j74

I suggest you watch the whole video, but she starts talking about video zoom at about 7:06.
Thanks! Seeing that video, it dawned upon me that I need to pan and zoom and not just zoom! :thumbsup:Then I can "zoom in on" the eye a bit at least even though I can't set an endpoint the eye should be at the end of the animation! After a full minute the eye still hasn't reached the center of the frame. Too bad there is no way to increase the speed of of the animation.:confused:
I guess I would need more powerful tools for that.

Last edited:

SCTRWD

Power User
If you have 3D tools there is a way to Pan and Zoom.
Just make a Postcard layer from your image and animate the camera view.