What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PS Gurus expert Suggestions to improve image further

SharmaN

Dear Respected, Gurus, I cut an image from a low-quality image background using various techniques like masking pen tool, etc.. I painstakingly removed its background after some trial and error. Please note that the given image very poor quality and took it from a photo frame. Can you please give your expert suggestions on how can I improve this image further? I attached the PSD file also for your reference. Thank you !!

This is the original Image :

IMG_0180-1.jpg

This is the image I cut it from its background : ( PNG )
IMG_01801.png

This is the PSD :

Attachments

• IMG_01801.psd
    13.4 MB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Ok further I took it to the camera raw and reduced the grain etc.. and soften the skin a wee bit. What else I can do on it?

Ok, this is the final output. I removed all the scars and smoothen the photo. Removed the grain etc.. Please suggest me anything, further gurus. Thank you !!

ty.jpgty1.jpg

Hi @SharmaN
I think you have done a great job considering the starting digital image you had.
If future efforts, if possible, starting with a better original image would probably make some difference e.g.
- Remove the image from the glass for scanning or image taking
- Using a copy stand (in the frame or not) with side lighting so you don't start with reflections in the image.
- This will improve the starting detail and contrast making post processing easier
Hope this helps
John Wheeler

Ok, I improved it further as I painstakingly cut it from the background today that I have some leaser time. Color-matched with a background and added some color lookups and adjusted depth of field etc.. I started loving photoshop :)

tyyy.jpg

Hi @SharmaN
I think you have done a great job considering the starting digital image you had.
If future efforts, if possible, starting with a better original image would probably make some difference e.g.
- Remove the image from the glass for scanning or image taking
- Using a copy stand (in the frame or not) with side lighting so you don't start with reflections in the image.
- This will improve the starting detail and contrast making post processing easier
Hope this helps
John Wheeler

Sure and Thank you for your suggestions

Back