What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ps & Xara X users ?

Sark

Power User
Hi all.

Can Xara X export psd files with layers intact, so that the layers remain when opening in PS.

Thanks

Sark

Hi Sark,

I just tried the trial version of xara 3d5. I don,t think that you can export them as PSD files but you can save them as .GIF. So you can open the gif in IR and than edit it in PS.

Edit:

Good murning Stan it is Xara X. So Sark i dunnno

No PSD export directly but you can Xara X1 > Illustrator > Photoshop and preserve layers.

Thanks for replying.

One other question. Does Xara X have an "Actions" equivilent that could batch export layers as individual files?

Just looking for a quick way of getting a lot of layers into PS from a vector app (other than AI)

Thanks again

Sark

Sark,

I'm an absolute beginner in Xara X1. A couple of the other folks who post here are far more familiar with that software. I don't believe there is an equivalent of PS's Actions but that is only a guess from looking at all the menu options and the Xara Help menu. You might want to ask that question in another forum found here. (You could get a definitive answer for sure.)

http://talkgraphics.com/eve/ubb.x

Thanks Welles.

Will try at a more suitable forum. Can't find anything on the Xara site to confirm

Sark

Back