What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Post Processing PSD file in trouble

poppybell

Guys, I have been working with Adobe Photoshop CC only some months. I have many images in .psd file format. Yesterday at 3 p.m. I opened my .psd file with message....Is not a valid Photoshop document. I don't have any experience in Photoshop at all, and in recover photoshop data too. Has someone suggest any way to solve it?

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Can you please post a screenshot from the error message?

nurgle

trivia persuit.. If you photoshop stops working (subs run out, corrupted etc) you can often open a .psd file by drag-n-drop it onto iPhoto or Photos (apple Programs) it will (if not corrupted) open them as a Flattened (single layer) image.. you may loose all thelayers, but will have the images gae.. (also can be used, SOMETIMES, on corrputed Photoshop files). regards, Sandy