What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

psd for this 80's paper looking background.

80sfan

Can someone provide a psd or help on making such a background:
I mean the purple-ish background that looks like crumpled paper

6e3386f64a4ba8dc18e377f558a5de2a.jpg

i've created crumpled paper backgrounds by simply shooting crumpled pieces of paper. i'm sure there's ps ways of doing it, but hey, i bet they're no way as quick ;-)

Hello and welcome to PSG.

The background in your sample image is more like old, worn, creased from folding, paper.

I would begin by searching Google Images for similar type textures that could be used.

I found this one in the search which I converted to the base purple color using a Hue & Sat and a Gradient Map adjustment layers.

Screen Shot 2019-09-09 at 8.11.07 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-09 at 8.11.35 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-09 at 8.13.23 AM.png

I would have to add the worn edges with the Brush tool on a layer mask with a similar lighter colored paper texture layer below the colored worn creased paper layer.

Screen Shot 2019-09-09 at 8.42.01 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-09 at 8.42.33 AM.png

I also found this Paper Textures tutorial with resources for sale. Just a note: I'm not promoting this site or it's resource sales. I'm only providing a direct link for the tutorial side.

Back