What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PSD printing and font size problem

malyo

Hello

I've decided to improve my CV through Photoshop obviously. But the very first problem i've encountered is that i'm not quite sure that the font size in Photoshop (let's say Times New Roman 12 pt) doesn't really equal the 12 pt font in MS Word. How should i overcome this problem?

Thanks in advance

Hoogle

Guru
You will find with photoshop in the preferences files you can set your font to either point size, pixel size or by mm. go to edit preferences
units and rulers and change the type to however you like it. This is the reason many people get pixelated fonts as they go by type point size and if the resolution of the document is not matching the font by type size it gets pixelated. I have mine set to pixels as a rule so it matches the document. However size 12 in pixels is a lot smaller that type point size 12.
Capture.PNG