What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Purple and green conflict!

sarahnicolls

Hi everyone,

How can I have two layers purple and green next to each other without creating blue in the middle

I have two layers in photoshop, Purple and Green. When I put the two layers next to each other it creates a bluish line in between.

Is there any way to have them next to each other without the blue line in between?

1647112274012.png

Thanks

JeffK

Guru
Unless I'm missing something - place one color on top of the other and then use a mask to hide that part of the color you don't need...

1647121631874.png

Enlarged to show "joined" edges:

1647121813936.png

Does this answer your question?

JeffK

Guru
If these are completely opaque colors, you can just place one on top of the other and move as needed - here I moved the green bar to the right exposing the purple underneath:
1647122151565.png

Last edited:

Rich54

Guru
I found two ways to get a bluish line at the border. Possibly one of these describes your problem.
  • The first pair of colors were created using the rectangular marquee tool with the feathering set to zero. With zero feathering, you should have a perfect border between the two colors.
  • If there is any feathering or blurring of your two layers, then the intersection of the blurred parts will combine to form blue (see pair #2).
  • If your layers are not set to 100% opacity, then that will create a new color at the intersection of the two layers (pair #3). Also check to make sure that your layer blend modes are set to Normal. Any other blend mode will introduce new colors.

Untitled-1.jpg

sarahnicolls

I found two ways to get a bluish line at the border. Possibly one of these describes your problem.
  • The first pair of colors were created using the rectangular marquee tool with the feathering set to zero. With zero feathering, you should have a perfect border between the two colors.
  • If there is any feathering or blurring of your two layers, then the intersection of the blurred parts will combine to form blue (see pair #2).
  • If your layers are not set to 100% opacity, then that will create a new color at the intersection of the two layers (pair #3). Also check to make sure that your layer blend modes are set to Normal. Any other blend mode will introduce new colors.

View attachment 128011
thanks, the blend is set to normal with 100% opacity.