What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific putting one person's head over another

seryass

Hey everyone,

I was wondering if someone would be able to help me with a photoshop edit. I have uploaded both pictures below.

What I would like please is if someone could place the blonde woman's head over the other ladies head so it looks like she is wearing the armor.

Lisa_Kay-alayna.jpg

FJAE1aiXoA0rXor.jpg

@JeffK - There seems to be a lot of anomalies around her head appearing in the background.

Screen Shot 2022-02-20 at 12.17.09 PM.png

I truly apologize for my OCD here. I'm not being critical, just offering an opinion! Please forgive.

I'm also seeing some body alignment problem that's, at least for me, causing some unnatural distortion. Kinda makes her look like she's craning her neck.

Let me see if I can explain.....

This is the original alignment.
Screen Shot 2022-02-20 at 12.39.23 PM.png

This is the edited alignment.
Screen Shot 2022-02-20 at 12.39.42 PM.png

This is a corrected (but not blended) alignment of the above edit. Made a selection of the head and copied.
Looks like a much more natural head position in relation to the body.
Screen Shot 2022-02-20 at 12.42.50 PM.png

@IamSam - Are you talking about the appearances of lines aournd the head area? I don't disagree on the anomolies. Something was happening to my edit when I feathered the mask. Couldn't quite get rid of it so tried to clone them out. Could have been done better.

As far as the lineup of the face/head with the armor- I admit I only try for the eyes. Then I eyeballed it moving the head to slightly different positions until it felt visually right to me. I don't see that she's "craning her neck". The armor isn't tailored and quite stiff. I also understand that the anatomy within facial alignment is a relatively constant. But to me there was a difference between the anatomy of two faces and I tried to adjust for that. I understand if you put a straight edge to it there's a difference. But visually I still think it works.

In any case, all opinions are welcome from all corners. One's education is dependent on critique and I thank you for that. :)

Are you talking about the appearances of lines aournd the head area?
Yes.

I don't see that she's "craning her neck".
Maybe not craning..........just out of alignment. The head tilt is correct, it would be more the alignment with the spine/body.

I also understand that the anatomy within facial alignment is a relatively constant. But to me there was a difference between the anatomy of two faces and I tried to adjust for that.
Yes, this is a major consideration. I realize that the added face photo ref is in a different perspective than the original. Her body is more squared.

In any case, all opinions are welcome from all corners. One's education is dependent on critique and I thank you for that.
No problem. Just an opinion for consideration, nothing more.

@IamSam - went back in to revise my original post. Cleared out the artifacts which I should have done a better job in the first post.

As for head position - I used your guides to reposition but pushed it slightly farther to the right. A bit of a compromise.

Also worked a bit more on the hand and sharpened a bit...

knight in red armor REV.jpg

Last edited:
@JeffK - So sorry my friend, I was very busy yesterday afternoon and did not see your latest post.

Just some areas of concern.

The red arrows are just some odd things happening with the hair. Some leftover scalp of the original woman. What procedure did you use to extract the head/hair from the original photo?

The blue arrow points to a significant area of the original cheek and chin of the original woman. Was this done on purpose?

Screen Shot 2022-02-21 at 10.27.55 AM copy.png

@JeffK - So sorry my friend, I was very busy yesterday afternoon and did not see your latest post.
Just some areas of concern.
The red arrows are just some odd things happening with the hair. Some leftover scalp of the original woman. What procedure did you use to extract the head/hair from the original photo?
The blue arrow points to a significant area of the original cheek and chin of the original woman. Was this done on purpose?

@IamSam - to answer your question, I used Select and Mask and then Refine Hair.
I seem to be creating errors and anomolies each time I go back in for a revise. Poor eyesight, focused distraction, etc.
I've gone back in again based on your last comments. Edited the area on the lower right side of face to eliminate traces of previous image.
Then went back into the original photo of the blonde woman and then did another Select and Mask and Refine but only around her hairline.
I next overlaid the hair on the last edit to more fully fill out the hair Did a few touchups.
I'm hoping that this clears up any issues on the image.

knight in red armor REV 2.jpg

Back