What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Illustrator question

Josh Stemple

I just started learning Illustrator and I have a question. how do you take something designed in photoshop and make it usable in Illustrator. more specifically, Ive been designing jersey for about a month now and they told me yesterday they need Illustrator files. how do i make take my PSD design and Make a good AI file for them? here is an example.
Cheddars2.png

any advice or a tutorial would help

SPWA

Power User
There may be other options to these ones, but I would 1st try saving the file as a .eps from Photoshop, then open that file in Ai. See how the paths etc hold up. They may even be able to use the .eps as I have dealt with clothing designs before & this was suitable.

Another option is the export function. Export > Paths to Illustrator. This may just give you paths though, with no stroke or fill. So you will have to recolor.

Hope that steers you in the right direction.