What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Quite simple question about printing.

RichHK

Hi there, i'm in Hong Kong volunteering in child disabilities. I'm working on a project which entails taking photographs of classroom items that need to be printed on a black background for cue cards. Mainly toys etc.

I'm no photographer, and relatively new to PS. However, i took the photos against a black background and have them loaded in PS at 300pdi.

Because the background in my photos was coming up grey, i have been selecting the objects (i.e. the toy) using the wand selection tool. (or the selection tool that latches on to edges).

I then inverse selection and use the paintbrush at about 70% black to darken the background. For some photos i repeat this.

When i resize the images they look good on screen. However i am worried when i print they will look weird. I'm also worried that 300dpi is not a high enough resolution. Also is 2x 70% Black too much?

I would really appreciate any help or advice.

Sorry for such a lame and long winded question.

Many thanks

Rich

A couple of examples attached

Attachments

• number peg board.jpg
    number peg board.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 8
  • spray bottle pink.jpg
    spray bottle pink.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 8

Back