What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Radial Clone?

IanC

I use PTGui to create spherical panoramas. Recently bought a drone, which does an excellent job, except the sky's missing. (Using a tripod and fish-eye lens the problem always used to be with the nadir shot, due to the tripod!).

I can manipulate the image in PTGui to give a zenith view, as attached, for patching in PS before re-manipulating and merging with the original.

But what I need to know, is what is the best way to fill in the sky? Cloning seems a lot harder than I'd hoped, even with no clouds, and content-aware fill seems to create a patchy mess. I need to exactly match where I'm joining, and have an average in the centre.

Low-res jpg attached. Thanks in advance!

top.jpg

Trying to follow. Why is the sky missing?

What drone are you using?

You may be able to adjust the pano mode settings to add more rows or adjust the upward angle to include the sky.

Trying to stitch a replacement sky seamlessly will be a bit of work.

The sky's missing, as the camera on my Mavic Air will only shoot about 15 degrees above the horizon. I think this is a problem with many drones for panos.

I had hoped there was a way to simply clone/blend the sky in PS....

Attached is the same pano before I manipulated to make the 'hole' the centre of the image.

Panorama.jpg

Back