What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Realistic background

Bumblebeep

Hey there,
I've tried my best to put my dog (Luna) on the background with her name. I tried blur, curves, noise etc. to make it more realistic but it still looks awful since I am completely beginner in Photoshop. Can you give any advice on how to make it more realistic? Thank you in advance :)

luna.png

Hello and welcome.

One suggestion is to use gradients on the "back wall" and "floor" to generate depth. Also notice that her lower body is out of focus...........the floor needs to match, so add a slight blur to the floor.

I did not adjust the shadow or tail.
luna1.jpg

You could also experiment with the use of perspective (Edit>Transform>Perspective) and a dark-to-light gradient on the background to enhance the illusion of depth. Something like this (but obviously, I used a different dog).

Luna.jpg

Back