What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Illustrator Really easy noob question

Vagos

I am new to illustrator and to this forum, so I would like to say hi to everyone!

I have a really noob question how to color red this porton of this drawing?

These are panels of scale model and I want some parts to be colored red so they are etched by the laser cutter and not cut...

Thank you

Best Regards
Vangelis

Attachments

• 1_adobe.ai
    86.6 KB · Views: 1
  • etch.jpg
    etch.jpg
    200.7 KB · Views: 2
I am an even bigger noob at Illustrator but I just opened it up went round 1 section with the pen tool and filled in the path
but not sure if that is good enoughfor what you want
Capture.PNG

Oh just re read it I completely got what you were asking wrong didnt I well I guess the same principal applies draw a path with the pen tool and then strok the path red maybe I am just guessing here.

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Hey, thanks for the quick reply!

It seems that there isn't a close profile so it can fill the gap... I don't know but it must be really easy to fill this gap with color...Its so frustrating.

Also the lines seem a little too thick for 0,1mm how can I check if the scale is right?...the hull should be at about 24cm in length..[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Thank you.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Do you want the actual lines to be red? If you want only portions of a stroke to be red, the best thing is to probably cop the whole stroke, add anchor points at the limit of what you want turned red, then delete anchor points to erase the other black lines. Change the stroke to red, then align the red stroke(s) with the underlying strokes so they cover.

Agent

If its anything like a plotter/cutter, Your going to have to draw the lines, remove any excess things on the image so you only have the paths, Then vectorize.

Back