What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Red colors printed 'greyish' in big black/white/red teamphoto

Niveus

Hello fellow Photoshoppers,

This summer I started a big project (PS CS6) where I wanted to make a collage of every player of our team. The blackground will be mainly black with a bit of white and red (red being the teamcolor). Now my final project is ready to get printed. Because it is a big photo (600mm x 900mm) and it is supposed to hang somewhere at the club I've wanted to be sure everything came out like I wanted. So I let a company make a testposter.

When looking at the testposter everything is good, except for the color 'Red'. All the red colors are more grey then red.

I want to make a new testposter, but I am not sure if just making the 'saturation' or the 'brightness' on the color red make a difference. What would you suggest I should do? I only have to improve the color red (I use PS CS6) . I don't know what technic the company uses.

With Kind Regards,

Niveus

JJLAPIN

Guru
You could use Selective Color. Taking the Cyan and or Black down will clean it up and get from looking Dirty. Boosting the Magenta and Yellow will also help.
1.png2.png3.png

Niveus

Thanks for the clear instructions. I''ve changed my photo and ordered another test. I'll keep you updated on the results.