What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

remove shadows behind celing fans with filter or blend mode?

cutch22

I combine flash and ambient for real estate photos. (like a 40-60 blend)

If I'm not careful, the flash gets some hard shadows (like under ceiling fans)

I am familiar with lighten and darken blending modes. But I'm wondering if some combination of blend modes/filters could identify the shadow under the ceiling fan (by comparing it to the non-flash ambient photo) and mask it out?

Hello and welcome to PSG.

Is it possible to post the image?

Hello and welcome to PSG.

Is it possible to post the image?
HI, yes, for instance, I'd like to blend these two images but avoid the hard shadow (from the flash) under the fan.

Attachments

• j chaucer (48).jpg
    j chaucer (48).jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 11
  • j chaucer (51).jpg
    j chaucer (51).jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 10
One image was taken during the day and the other at night. Which do you prefer as the primary image? I guess I'm asking, how are you planning to blend the two images?

Actually both were during the day (it's a powerful flash) The idea is for the ambient to be the primary photo. I layer

30% flash
30% flash (color)
ambient

on top of the ambient picture to reduce the color casts and fill in the blown out lamps - but I want to avoid the unnatural shadow the flash creates underneath the ceiling fan.

Not sure I follow but go ahead and blend the two images and then we can clone out the strong shadow of the finished product.

Back