What's new

Specific Remove the red filter

bl5965

Hey there,

Can someone try remove the red filter from an underwater GoPro-photo-gone-wrong?

My friend tried a red filter lens on a GoPro while snorkelling. It didn't turn out well at all.

I've tried to do a basic fix using colour channels, however it still appears washed out with a blue or yellow tinge.

Is anyone able to try restore some original colour into the photo (and let me know the steps so I can do the rest myself)? Or are the photos beyond salvaging?

Thanks for any assistance :)

GoPro-Red.jpg

bl5965

Something like this?
as in PS there's more then one way to achieve a result and sometimes a combination of manipulations is needed dependin g on the image.
Have a look here: Remove color cast
Thanks Eggy, yeah I got similar but with more blue tinge. I suppose it'll be difficult to get more accurate colours as the filter would have destroyed a lot of colour.

Eggy

Retired Moderator
I suppose it'll be difficult to get more accurate colours as the filter would have destroyed a lot of colour.
Correct, and since I have no idea how it actually looks down there I had no idea how to recolorize the flora.
But you can, by adding a new layer for each item and 'recolor' it. (Recolor objects)
Lots of work...