What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific Removing shoes from a picture

Aragorn1976

Hi, could anyone help me to remove the shoes from this lovely picture of Jessica Alba please? Also, could you please explain the technique that you need to remove open-toe high heels? Thanks a lot in advance.

Jessica-Alba-Feet-6646965 (NXPowerLite Copy)(1).jpg

This is absolutely amazing, @Babine ... thank you so much!!! Could I please ask you how you have managed to obtain such a spotless result? I do try to use the clone tool, but my results are usually bad or terrible....Thanks again!

This is absolutely amazing, @Babine ... thank you so much!!! Could I please ask you how you have managed to obtain such a spotless result? I do try to use the clone tool, but my results are usually bad or terrible....Thanks again!
Thanks. Mostly with the clone tool in PS at various opacities and on separate layers.

Thanks @Babine. I am familiar with the different opacities, and I understand, but I don't follow you on the layer bit. How can you use separate layers to obtain a better result? Could you explain with a practical example please? I would like to give it a go and send you my result for your critics. Thanks again

Thanks @Babine. I am familiar with the different opacities, and I understand, but I don't follow you on the layer bit. How can you use separate layers to obtain a better result? Could you explain with a practical example please? I would like to give it a go and send you my result for your critics. Thanks again
You're welcome.
As there are numerous areas of the shoes to be removed, my preference is to clone over each portion of the shoe on a separate layer. By doing this, each can be saved as an alpha channel for separate modifications later on i.e. curves adjustments, sharpening, etc. without effecting any other portions of the photo. Also, should there be portion of the cloning that's not right, that individual layer can be deleted and redone. This approach also gives me the ability to experiment with the various blending modes of each layer for a better fit.

Duplicate a toe twice, place them behind the existing ones and resize them. With photoshop tools we sometimes succeed in grafting

Back