What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Removing Styles

Graphicsmomma

So I went into the actual folder the styles are in (Adobe/Adobe Photoshop CS3/Presets/Styles), and deleted the styles I don't want to show up when I click on the drop down menu on the ride side of the screen, in PS, restarted PS, and they're still all there. :frown:

So I tried deleting them all, no luck.

I put all of them back and edited some of them ( just added the word "glossy" or whatever to the end of the name of the style), restarted PS....and now I can see the text I added to some of the styles, but now I have 2 of each!

Where do I find the main set, because it's not in Adobe/Adobe Photoshop CS3/Presets/Styles....where my styles are. There is only one copy in there.

I have more then just the default styles in there, but again, now I have 2 of each and need to delete one set.

Carrie56

Power User
Delete a preset style

dingbat.png
Do one of the following:
  • Drag a style to the Delete icon
    a_dup_P_Delete_Sm_N.png
    at the bottom of the Styles panel.
  • Press Alt (Windows) or Option (Mac OS), and click the layer style in the Styles panel.
  • Select a style in the Styles area of the Layer Style dialog box. Then choose Delete Style from the pop‑up menu.
  • When using a shape or Pen tool, select a style from the Layer Style pop‑up panel in the options bar. Then choose Delete Style from the pop‑up panel menu.

Graphicsmomma

Thanks Carrie56.

I did the 1st one you listed, but I want it out of the pop out menu too.

Press Alt (Windows) or Option (Mac OS), and click the layer style in the Styles panel.
Select a style in the Styles area of the Layer Style dialog box. Then choose Delete Style from the pop‑up menu.

One thing I should have done is familiarize myself with the terms above I highlighted in red. Can you tell me where they are? I assume they are on the right side?

Do you have screen shots you could post? Nothing I have tried (including deleting the actual styles out of the presets folder) has gotten rid of them. I have way too many installed. Need less when I click the pop out menu.

Carrie56

Power User
Sorry it took so long to get back (I am dealing with a serious long term family matter)

Display the Styles panel

dingbat.png
Choose Window > Styles

There is a little button at the top of photoshop its called help you can look up each or all terms. These are photoshop basics you should know. The styles panel will be above the layers panel on the right side at the top there are tabs marked color, swatches and styles.

Good luck and hope this helped.