What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific Replace vans graphic on T-shirt with Pink floyd prism

jonmat123

Hello,

Can you please photoshop the vans graphic on the black T-shirt i am wearing to a pink floyd logo like the one attached. It's not necessary the whole prism should be seen in the photo but the part where the white light is refracting should be visible. Whatever looks more natural and not photoshopped. Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Jonathan

IMG_20190226_225904.jpg

main-qimg-62c8f72f865f8e3141a6931c01fa0b5d.jpeg

jonmat123

Thank you Jeff. This looks okay. If you could replace the colour of the T-shirt with the background of the prism. I think the picture would look perfect!

Thank you so much!

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I thought this would be a fairly easy edit....

I removed the existing logo without clone stamp doubling.....
Screen Shot 2021-02-09 at 11.08.30 AM.png

But adding back the prism logo with any believability has proven rather frustrating.
(note: This logo has not been altered. It's just sitting on top of the sweat shirt.)
Screen Shot 2021-02-09 at 11.08.45 AM.png

Perhaps I will have time to tackle this later!

JeffK

Guru
Thank you Jeff. This looks okay. If you could replace the colour of the T-shirt with the background of the prism. I think the picture would look perfect!
Thank you so much!
Here's the additional edit putting the black back in...note that the majority of the t-shirts with the logo that I found had the color of the shirt coming through.
I toned down the black a bit so it's not too harsh.
Jeff
pink floyd tee edited REV.jpg

Last edited:

JeffK

Guru
I thought this would be a fairly easy edit....
I removed the existing logo without clone stamp doubling.....
But adding back the prism logo with any believability has proven rather frustrating....
Perhaps I will have time to tackle this later!

I thought it would be fairly quick myself. Even tried substituting t-shirt fabric. The hardest part though was placing the logo on the t-shirt. A displacement map didn't work for me so tried some warping.
Also brought down the brightness of the overall logo to get the best match to the shirt.
Took quite a while. Would like to see if you have another version coming up with some insight into your process.
- Jeff

Last edited:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Would like to see if you have another version coming up with some insight into your process.
Thanks. Right now, for me, the problem is contouring the logo to match the folds of sweat shirt. I thought this would be easy with a displacement map but it did not look good at all. I tried warp, puppet warp, and Liquify.............nothing looks good with the existing logo example provided by the OP.

Next, I think I will try remaking the logo completely with the pen tool. This way I can create believable contouring. The only other option may be to just completely replace the front of the sweat shirt so it will be flat. I just don't have the time to work on it right now!

JeffK

Guru
OK - I went back and went rogue. Got him a new shirt and placed the logo on it.
No charge for the shirt... :cheesygrin:
- Jeff
pink floyd tee NEW.jpg

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Here are the files. Kindly check it.
Thanks!

I did check it. Great job on the shading! And now that I can see it more clearly in Ps, I see you basically had about the same results as I had with the displacement map. Since you used the small screenshot I made (329px x 440px) your's appears better. The displacement map technique doesn't look as good on the original sized image (2625px x 3500px). The prism logo is too small and low quality (602px x 339px) and did not scale well. I will try for a better result.

JeffK

Guru
This is great work Jeff thank you so much!! Is it only me or one line of the triangle is not straight...

Thank you for the compliment
I used what's called a displacement map so that the logo followed the folds of the shirt.
Otherwise the logo looks too flat and faked which is the problem I had the first go-round.
- Jeff