What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Replacing someone in another picture

Steve

Retired Administrator
The same answers apply here as in your first post but at least we have two images to look at now.
Here's a quick idea of 1 way to do it.

You need to place on image over the other (Layers) and then align the girls - Transform tool
Mask out the unwanted areas
Clone Stamp tool to replace areas the new girl didn't cover.
Adjust for lighting and color differences

Try it and let us know where you get stuck.

webwize

I would like to see if you manage this, I'm fairly sure I couldn't do it. It's not the replacing the girl so much but more their poses holding the camera in opposite hands I think the background touch up would completely defeat me... Post a pick pf how you get on - Good Luck

thelagger

Thanks for all the input... but unfortunately I strongly agree with the above poster.

I did mention in my original post "if it's even possible" - sure, it is but not within my knowledge. I'm slowly progressing as it is still my 3rd day.

Scratch that though, how about trying to restore a picture thats been heavily sharpened before? Or bringing a shitty 1.3MP picture to life?

Steve

Retired Administrator
Thanks for all the input... but unfortunately I strongly agree with the above poster.

I did mention in my original post "if it's even possible" - sure, it is but not within my knowledge. I'm slowly progressing as it is still my 3rd day.

Scratch that though, how about trying to restore a picture thats been heavily sharpened before? Or bringing a shitty 1.3MP picture to life?

It IS possible although the small size of these images guarantee a crappy result.
Sections of the background may need to be replaced instead of cloned or patched.

It takes years of experience to know what tool should be used in a situation and how to use that tool.

Every image is different.
What can be done with an oversharpend pic or a sub-par image depends on each specific image.