What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Request for assistance to create an action

js015b

Hi All,

Request for assistance to create an action in Photoshop cs6 to Batch Change image background to white.

I need to batch convert high resolution product images through layer/vector mask +/or channels without using the selection tools.

Have tried to create white background layer and place original image made transparent behind ,but did not work for me.

If you can show the way for this or create and upload link to it,that would be much appreciated.

Thanks for your time.

John

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hey John, what is the content of the images? Are they photographs?

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Are you trying to replace the existing background of each of the photos?

Is yes, as each photo contains different subjects and positions, you can not use an action to replace the backgrounds, this must be done by hand on each one.

Unless I'm misunderstanding you.

Tom Mann

Guru
Please post a couple of examples, otherwise we are just guessing at exactly what you need.

Tom

js015b

Please post a couple of examples, otherwise we are just guessing at exactly what you need.

Tom

Hi Tom,

Thanks for your reply,

I can make a white background transparent with the following;

Select>Color Range - Select: Highlights - Click OK

If background layer, unlock by dragging lock icon in the layer panel

to the trash can

hit delete key.

But need to do the inverse.

Thanks
2014-05-14_1436.jpg2014-05-14_1436.png
John