What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Resizing an image in CS3 - seems very small !

Digmen1

Hi Guys
This is my first post.

I am using CS3 fro about 2 years now on and off.

I have an image that is 1700 pixels wide and I want to put it on my website at 240 pixels wide.

On screen the image is about 4 inches (10cm wide)
If I resize the image to 240 pixels, the resulting image on screen comes in at a very tiny 1cm square image.

Will this show OK on my website ?
I am losing resolution.
Is there a better way of doing it ?

Thanks

ibclare

Queen Bee
I assume you are talking about viewing this on the screen in Photoshop.
Are you changing the resolution of the image when you change the size?
Have you tried changing the percent of image you're viewing? Go down to the lefthand lower corner of the grey frame around the image and it will tell you the percent of the image on screen. If it says 33% for example, then go ahead and change it to 100% to get a better idea of its size. An even better method is to save it for the web, then drag it from its folder into a web browser. Then you'll see how it looks at least to anyone whose screen is setup like yours.
And if you want to see it better to work on it or whatever, press ctl zero for the bigger view.

Last edited:

Digmen1

Thanks very much for that.

As you said they key to it is to have the original image at a good size so that when it is resized it still shows up on the screen at a good size. (rather than a postage stamp as I was getting)