What's new

Restoration work on older, actually, to me, ancient photographs.

knarf

Here is one I posted on another thread earlier it wasn't quit completed yet but I received some very helpful info from other members. They are not perfect but from what I had to work with they came out OK. By the way I did receive a "Place name" map from my Sister so now I know whom I'm looking at in the picture.:lol:
1904 Johnston Thanksgiving B4 edit.jpg1904 Johnston Thanksgiving meal.jpg

Last but not least is one that really had me pulling my hair out before I was done. As you can see I left some of the detail out that I felt added nothing to the picture. In other words I got lazy. This was my first attempt at working with more than one layer and freely transforming selections to get the mans arms, legs and other missing features in place.:cool2:

A.A johnston  store B4 edit.jpgA.A. Johnston store front_2.jpg

Comments are alway welcome!:cheesygrin:

Nice job knarf

On the first image you could play a bit whit levels adjustment layer, to increase a bit the shadows so you can distinguish the shapes a bit better, also some selective sharpening on the people's shapes, faces, and some details won't hurt.

Keep it up.

gohan2091

Power User
Here is one I posted on another thread earlier it wasn't quit completed yet but I received some very helpful info from other members. They are not perfect but from what I had to work with they came out OK. By the way I did receive a "Place name" map from my Sister so now I know whom I'm looking at in the picture.:lol:
View attachment 10183View attachment 10184

Last but not least is one that really had me pulling my hair out before I was done. As you can see I left some of the detail out that I felt added nothing to the picture. In other words I got lazy. This was my first attempt at working with more than one layer and freely transforming selections to get the mans arms, legs and other missing features in place.:cool2:

View attachment 10182View attachment 10185

Comments are alway welcome!:cheesygrin:
I think you done a really good job on both images. I am not sure if I could do a better job myself, I would assume no but haven't tried for long. A few things.... on the 2nd picture, the right side of the left window could be improved, I see a cloned object in the window, and the window is missing it's wooden frame. I also see a repeating clone pattern on the large bag object below this window. There is a mark on the chair at the right which you didn't fix also.