What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Restore corrupt font

Huldrich

Hello, I am new here so I am not sure if I posted in the adequate category. Let me me know if there is a better one. Well here is the problem: I have bought a book that has some pages that are printed very badly. I want to ocr it with Acrobat which does it quite well despite de corrupt fonts. However, it's ugly to read so if there is a possibility to improve the quality I would be very glad. Here is an example:
test.jpg
It seems to me that an algorithm searching for pixels that are not white inside a certain neighborhood should be able to fill the holes inside the letters. Do you know how this could be done with Photoshop? I tried all the filters but no one does the job really well. Maybe there is a plugin that does it, I don't know, or maybe there is program. I use ScanTaylor to prepare the book for ocr. It has some improvement techniques for corrupt fonts but it's not enough... Any suggestions?

Huldrich

Yes I tried it. Some little holes get filled but others not... I think it's hopeless. I will ocr the book without filter and then remake the page layout. I think this is the only way. Unless someone has a better Idea?