What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Paid Restore Old Photo As Close As Possible To Original in 1929 $20 Paypal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenowie

Would like attached image restored as close as possible to original condition. Picture appears to have been tinted with green watercolor when printed. Preserve as much fine detail as possible. Repair flaws: blotching, stains, cracks, tears, fading, etc. I would like two images created for me. (1) B&W with green tint added back to match area in original. (2) image without tint . Both images should have the signature and date from the original and retain the original shape. I would love for my family to be thrilled with the work done. I am open to suggestions from forum Gurus! Budget $20. Thanks.

JWH#1_2.jpg

MentosCubing

Power User
Here is my attempt. I've also attempted to reduce the visibility of the dark elliptical border where the tint was added. I've attached a black-and-white version, a green tinted version, and a quick attempt at a full-colour version if you're interested.
B&W.pngGreen.pngColourised.png

Kenowie

Here is my attempt. I've also attempted to reduce the visibility of the dark elliptical border where the tint was added. I've attached a black-and-white version, a green tinted version, and a quick attempt at a full-colour version if you're interested.
View attachment 112279View attachment 112280View attachment 112278
I feel that you can do this project best for me. The watermarks make it hard to see detail but I understand. A few things to change or improve. 1) the signature is in blue ink so I would like it blue on the images. 2) behind his right shoulder is a black umbrella hanging on the wall. Seems like traces of it are still on the wall. The picture is actually better without it. 3) The dark areas that look like shadows from the hat and down the side of his suit may actually be stains on the photo. Would you please make the suit color gray and more even in color. 4) since you are doing the color version I would like to drop the green tint and do a sepia version instead. Kind of like a picture normally ages. 5) what do you think of using white borders on all with the ovals and blue signatures in the bottom left corner like the original? My family to be thrilled with the work done.

MentosCubing

Power User
I feel that you can do this project best for me. The watermarks make it hard to see detail but I understand.
I'm glad you like it so far! I've decided to make the watermarks a bit fainter so that you can see through them better.
since you are doing the color version I would like to drop the green tint and do a sepia version instead. Kind of like a picture normally ages.
When you say "sepia version," do you mean just a sepia tint on the black and white version, or a coloured version that also has a sepia tint? I've attached an example of both. The other modifications you requested have been completed (completely remove umbrella, make suit a consistent grey, leave the signature blue), but I'm not sure what you mean by the fifth one:
5) what do you think of using white borders on all with the ovals and blue signatures in the bottom left corner like the original?
My interpretation was to leave the white border exactly the same on all of them. If you meant something else, I will gladly modify the borders accordingly.

Anyway, here are the ones without the sepia tinting:
B&W.pngColourised.png
And here are the ones with it:
Sepia.pngColourised AND Sepia.png

Kenowie

I'm glad you like it so far! I've decided to make the watermarks a bit fainter so that you can see through them better.

When you say "sepia version," do you mean just a sepia tint on the black and white version, or a coloured version that also has a sepia tint? I've attached an example of both. The other modifications you requested have been completed (completely remove umbrella, make suit a consistent grey, leave the signature blue), but I'm not sure what you mean by the fifth one:

My interpretation was to leave the white border exactly the same on all of them. If you meant something else, I will gladly modify the borders accordingly.

View attachment 112287View attachment 112289
View attachment 112291View attachment 112288
What I mean by white border is replace the gray current borders with blank white backgrounds and place the oval images on the white border with blue signatures in the same position as currently located. When you finish the work on the B&W and Color images make a sepia tinted set just like sepia images so that I have 4 images total. The sepia tinting is just right. Thanks for your work and creativeness. I'm a little bit perfectionist but not perfect in any way. I also tried a real mouse once but his tail was too short and he kept going where I didn't want him!

MentosCubing

Power User
Ah, ok. I think I understand now. Something more like this?
Colourised.pngB&W.png
Colourised AND Sepia.pngSepia.png

Kenowie

View attachment 112287View attachment 112289
View attachment 112291View attachment 112288
The only remaining wish I have for these is make the signatures a definite blue. Then tell me how to Paypal you. Thanks!

MentosCubing

Power User
Sure thing! I'll send you a PM with payment details if you're ready.

Colourised.pngB&W.png
Colourised AND Sepia.pngSepia.png

Status
Not open for further replies.