What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Revamping an Image

RCartledge

i've taken over a web site and the logo they are currently using has been shrunk down so many times that it has lost its picture quality, the dude who used to run the site says that he doesnt have the bigger version anymore so i'm stuck with this one.

Question: Could anybody tell me how to make this image a lot bigger and look nicer (i say nicer but mean no colour dithering etc...)
slogo.gif

1/ Try to find out what font it is. Then it's easy to rebuild.
2/ Set to greyscale Mode, then Threshold to 213. This gives you the outline. Makes it easier to find the font.

Redrawing with vectors is rather difficlt, seen the size.

BUT: If someone has a logo, then normally it is available in print, isn't it? Or shouldn't it be?

Or, if you have either FreeHand or Illustrator, import the logo into that and trace it, making it a vector. You'll definitely have to tweak it if you use auto tracing, but once you get the outlines, you can resize and recolor at will.

Erik said:
1/ Try to find out what font it is. Then it's easy to rebuild.
2/ Set to greyscale Mode, then Threshold to 213. This gives you the outline. Makes it easier to find the font.

Redrawing with vectors is rather difficlt, seen the size.

BUT: If someone has a logo, then normally it is available in print, isn't it? Or shouldn't it be?

Followed step 2 and this is what i came up with
slogo2.jpg

Any tips on making it slightly bigger, or does anybody know what font has been used because i ask the dude who created it and he cant remember :{

Welcome RCartledge! :)

I would definitely like to see the logo that you speak of. For some reason it's not showing up right now. Did you, by any chance, take it down? [confused]

Because I can't see the logo (in question) I can only respond to you in a speculatory way. I've had quite a bit of experience at "recreating" logos and my work has generally entailed what you've already been told. And that is firstly and primarily (where a font is involved), finding out what the name of the font is and then finally, as a "last resort" re-drawing the logo in a vector program.

Back