What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific Ripped Paper

Dilano

Does anyone know how to achieve the ripped paper effect? I included my picture and a picture of what I'm talking about. Serious thanks go to anyone who can do this! All attempts welcome!

ripped.jpg

gaze.jpg

Last edited:

admin

Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
It looks like this image has been used multiple times for various tutorials. I'm not certain who created it originally, but here's a video showing how to do this and the ripped/rolled paper image used:

ripped-paper-vector.png

Dilano

Also, if anyone wants to try it the reverse way, with the ripped part in color and the rest in black and white, I'm curious what that would look like. Thanks!

SMOk3

Power User
Here you go...

gaze2.png

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I know I'm not going crazy, but there was another post about this same effect! I can't find it! I remember it specifically because I made this image for the OP...........
Screen Shot 2018-07-06 at 10.44.56 PM.png

SMOk3

Power User
@SMOk3 Your image colors are reversed.

Oops, I done this the other day for a friend and that's the way I done it for him. I never realised my mistake on this one, arghhh
Cheers for pointing it out IamSam :)

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sorry..............I misread that! LOL!!

SMOk3

Power User
Sorry..............I misread that! LOL!!

If your refering to this "Also, if anyone wants to try it the reverse way, with the ripped part in color and the rest in black and white "

Then you never misread it. I had posted my image, then actually seen what had been posted regarding the reverse lol
So in theory, we are both right...chuckle chuckle :^)