What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

rounded corner empty frame - CS6

Juc1

Hi all,

I want to create a border ie an empty frame to which I will later add content. If I do rectangle tool then Select / Modify /Smooth I get jagged edges (attached, zoomed in view). The black in the attached is just an extra layer for contrast but I want a layer with just the white border with rounded corners and nothing else. Any ideas please?

Thanks...

Attachments

• corners.jpg
    corners.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member
Use the rounded rectangle tool. Set it up to make a path. Then after you have the path done, set the width of a paint brush to how many ever pixels wide you want the border to be. Set the foreground color to white. Then with the direct select tool, right click inside the page and select Stroke Path. Then Select Brush as the method. You will now have a path with a smooth vector stroke around it. The path will remain unless you delete it. This has the path deleted.

Attachments

• Rounded Rectangle.JPG
    Rounded Rectangle.JPG
    20.4 KB · Views: 12
Last edited: