What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rremove Lady form pic

DirtRider

I want to remove her from the pic and place her in another image. So how do I do this. this is a scaled down version of the original just for upload purposes

31220b.jpg

With a whole lot of patience. I don't have it at the moment.

1293390776-U1.jpg

Use the Pen tool to cut her out... You need to get familiar with the pen tool because you will need to use it in a lot of applications of photo manipulation..

If ya think about it. That's a heck of a watermark, (all that white) blending all together, makes it hard to steal.

that image can be done without the pen tool, just work with a very large image using the lasso tool........

Why would you use the lasso tool when you have the pen tool? You could also do it with the Magic Wand but the result will be would be sloppy imho just like if you used the Lasso tool. The pen tool is the way to do it.. Or maybe a Quick Mask but the lasso tool is going to leave you with crappy results..

I had a look at the pen tool and it seems that this is a long and complicated method of doing it. I will try it our using a tutorial a bit later. However this took me all of a few minutes using Corel
00932B.png

00932.jpg

This discussion is useful for me also, iam having the same doubt how to remove some pic to another background..Thanks for this useful discussion

Ok this is very crude but it took me a few minutes using Corel. It seems from what I have seen using the pen tool in PS would take some time just to get the images cut out. I have attached all the images I have use to get to this. However I think maybe I need to spend a bit more time looking at the pen tool to see exactly how I need to do this to get the end result. Just reading through this so maybe I will get a better idea of how it all comes together Pen Tool, Photoshop Pen Tool - How To Use The Pen Tool In Photoshop Tutorial Still not sure how you would get the bikes wheels right or the women hair :rolleyes: :cheesygrin:

00932.jpg

Triumph_Bonneville_T100_2004_02_1024x768.jpg

TheRaceTrack.jpg

TheRaceTrackAfter.png

pencil.png

Last edited:
I had a look at the pen tool and it seems that this is a long and complicated method of doing it. I will try it our using a tutorial a bit later. However this took me all of a few minutes using Corel
View attachment 1724

View attachment 1723

Look at all the left over artifacts and all the jagged edges, the pen tool is the best way to do it period. I also suggest you get familiar with the pen tool, the reason you don't like using it is because you don't understand how to use it.

Quicker is not always better, the end result there on your last photo where you merged all the objects looks a bit amateur, i see a lot of left over artifacts on that last image... I could cut her out with the pen tool in less than 3 minutes, with a perfect end result..

The pen tool, GET USED TO IT!

Last edited:
Yes I agree the end result that I got is not great that was because I did it so fast. However with a bit of time I would have got rid of all those left over bits :cheesygrin:

I fully agree I need to get into this pen story a bot more and understand it. It does worry me a bit with the bike and the spokes how will the pen tool handle that? The link to the Pen Tool Tutorial seem great and easy to follow so I will use that as a reference unless someone has a better one I could check out

I cut it out using the magic wand for the big white areas, the quick selection tool for the smaller areas. I would normally select the entire image once it is to my liking then feather the edges by 1. )to clean it up a bit). Depending on what I was using it for in the end. And I am using CS5.

Just use the pen tool to get your basic cut out done. Then if you want to use something else to cut out the spokes then use something else. The time you take to clean everything up could be saved by using the pen tool right off the bat..

Of course this is all just my opinion and it all depends on what kind of results you want and how much time you want to put into the image.

They way I look at it I may as well learn the complicated method straight off and take the time doing it. If I need a speedy result I can always get it from Corel as a stand in

This type of work is best done by not restricting yourself to just one tool. Some areas respond better to some tools than do other areas. Use a layer mask and then different selection methods on the different areas for the best results.

Back