What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scanned negatives

Cherio

I'm hoping I'm posting this on the right board, I'm still trying to learn where everything is at in this group.

I'm working on scanning some old mounted slides using a Canoscan 900F. I'm scanning them in as high resolution as I can and saving as .tiff. The file sizes are around 80 mb with dimensions in the vicinity of 6432x4352. I'm using Windows 7 and the scans looks good when I review them in the photo gallery, but when I open them in CS6 and look at the size, it's showing the actual size of the negative. I can change the view so I can see a bigger picture, but when I try to print it, it wants to print at the small size. I'm thinking I'm just missing something. How can I take the scanned slides and set them up so I can print larger prints. I would really like to do a couple as 8 x 10 for a Christmas present. What am I doing wrong?

I hope this makes sense. Thanks.

peta62

Guru
Hello,
you must set the size in printer either by DPI or by its size, either write what is there or post the printscreen of printer dialog.
Best regards,
Peter