What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sci Fi Girl

Zeealex

Retired Forum Moderator
I was expecting more femshep, but very nice! me gusta!

the lighting is pretty much dead on, but I'd possibly just add a slight bit more of a red hue? just something to experiment with.

if you ever want to use a bust of a sci fi soldier in the future, I'll pose one of my models and render it in 3dsmax for you ;)

inkpad.t

Guru
Thanks Zeealex. Can not afford 3dsmax... wouldn't know where to start with it either. I am playing around with daz3d at the moment. just recently got into some 3d scenes i was trying out... i find dax3d very slow though and needs all my pc's resources for it to even load up, I think i would need to upgrade my pc after looking at the requirements that daz needs.

A bust of a sci fi soldier for me to play around with would be wonderful, maybe some of the other guys and girls could also have a go with one.

Thanks again.

Zeealex

Retired Forum Moderator
3dsMax is free so long as you're not using it for profit, I'm not sure if their education policies have changed but you should still be entitled to free software licenses if you're using it to learn or for fun.
It's one of the easier programs I've come to with 3d modelling, you'll pick it up very quick, and it doesn't kill your computer, daz3d does make really high quality models though, so it's unsurprising that it's so resource intensive.

just let me know what poses you want him in, with the resolution you want him at (I could probably stretch to 3500px with Mental Ray on medium quality) with what lighting (if you want specific lighting set up) and I'll see what I can do, I'm slowly moving on to the arm plating and maybe a weapon for him in the near future, so full body renders might be a possibility ;)

MrToM

Guru
I can always help out with rendering if you get bogged down with large image sizes.
Or even if you don't...!

Whatever....the offer is there if you need it.

Regards.
MrTom.

inkpad.t

Guru
Thank you both .... i will take a look at 3dsmax...didn't realise it was free... but i want to use any renders to make art to eventually sell so don't know if thats possible with 3dsmax licencing , will take a look at it anyway to see if i can at least look and learn something from it.

I tried out Blender for a while... I still think at some point that will have upgrade my pc if i want to get in to 3d modeling or software like 3dsmax or daz3d as its runs extreamly slow using any 3d software. i think the main problem is the graphics card which is a intel GMA HD card, well that what is says on the front of the pc.

Thanks again both for the offers, i will get in touch if i need your help...much appreciated for offers..thank you very much.

Zeealex

Retired Forum Moderator
If I remember clearly, 3DSmax is more RAM and CPU intensive as it uses a software renderer, so you shouldnt have much difficulty they are in good check.
But yeah, for intensive stuff you'd possibly need a sharper PC.

Very nice job inky.
I just wish it would be a bit more contrasty and the colors more saturated. But maybe this is just me.

Paul

Former Member
Yeah i agree with Chris, the colours look too washed out but the overall image is great.
Maybe sharpen up the reflections a little.