What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scratch Disc Full/Temp files (Mac)

Matthew Smith

Hi,

I just tried to open a few of very large image files (9GB in total) and when I did I got the message "scratch discs full". Now I understand why that happened, but it seems to have eaten a whole load of disc space that wont come back. I've since closed photoshop, restarted my Mac, etc. but about 10 GB is still used up where it wasn't before. I can't locate any temp files anywhere (Ps prefs only tells me the scratch disc is my Mac HD, not which folders it's in). Can anyone help me with this? Where are Ps temp files usually located on a Mac? I need those 10GB back!
Mac OSX running Photoshop CS3

Thank you!

You cant really delete scratch files as photoshop needs it to run properly however if you close the program down and open up small files slightly alter them and close it down again after each 1 eventually it will start decreasing in size before you know it your scratch file will be less than 50 mb

Thanks Hoogleman, but that doesn't seem to be making any difference. I can't even make sense of my problem to be honest. If I knew where the temp files were kept I could at least check they are definitely what is taking up the space. Any ideas?

Back