What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Screen resolution for photoshopping (1366x768 VS 1920x1080)

Alice24

Buying a laptop for photoshopping (15,6 inches), is there a huge difference between 1366x768 resoluton VS 1920x1080 resolution?

There is a huge difference in the prices when looking for a bigger than 1366x768 resolution. The question is whether it makes a big deal, or should we just compromise for lower resolution for a great processor/RAM combination.

Thanks,

-Alice

Hi Alice,

I would always suggest get the best resolution you can afford however there is another option that might work. If the cheaper version saves you enough money you can pick up a 21" + monitor for a very good price (less that £150) which means you can set up a duel display when working on your images... This will help a great deal.

webwize

The problem is that 21 inches is too big for a laptop.

And prices get ridiculously high once you try to go over 1366x768 resolution for a laptop.

I think he was refering to to using the vga output of your laptop and viewing your laptop display on another monitor. or even lcd tv I often run my laptop through a 40 inch tv but obviously I have a seperate mouse and keyboard.
I would say get a good specced laptop
get a seperate 24 inch monitor approx $150 (proven to be the best size for work at a station)
get a usb keyboard, mouse and graphics tablet
and then use your laptop like a tower whenwhen your at a screen Most have hdmi out now so easily plugs in to tv or monitor.
and when you need it to be mobile use it as a laptop is normally used

Yes, that's what I was thinking, though when working not at home that would be a bit impossible to do. But overall, that suggestion is definitely a great idea and am feeling comfortable getting the 1366x768 monitor, although I'm still curious to know just how much does it affect one's work.

Thank you.

-Alice

obviously the bigger the screen the more you will see but then if the screen is to big and to close it also works the same you cant see everything without straining.
a good 17 inch laptop may be your best bet however go more for computer spec than screen size on your budget. Higher spec means photoshop will run smoother that is the priority.
The screen if it is to small you can easily zoom in if it is to large you can zoom out but if your specs on your computer are not really optimal for photoshop then that should be your priorityt.

Well, I feel 17 inches is also too big. 15.6 is the size that's just right.

go more for computer spec than screen size on your budget. Higher spec means photoshop will run smoother that is the priority.

That's what I wanted to hear. :smile: Thanks!

Back